1. The presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Mr Peter Obi, has said it is time to rescue Nigeria from leadership failure that dwarfs its development. Speaking at Jamie Pajoel International Leadership Conference in Owerri, Obi likened the leadership failure in Nigeria to inexperienced and unlicensed drivers trying to drive a vehicle.
2. The Governor- elect of Osun State, Senator Ademola Adeleke on Saturday disclosed that the case filled by the All Progressives Congress APC challenging his victory in the July 16 election is dead on arrival and a mere waste of time. According to Adeleke, the people of Osun State have spoken and no amount of court cases can overturn his election as governor.
3. The Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom has told the Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore that he is ever ready to meet them at the International Criminal Court of Justice. The Governor said this while reacting to media threats credited to the Fulani group whose members have continued to wreak incalculable havoc on Benue communities.
4. Troops of the Nigerian military have neutralised scores of terrorists in Chikun Local Government area of Kaduna State where they recovered arms and motorcycles at the weekend. The Kaduna State Government has praised the tenacious troops and called on citizens to give useful information on the activities of the hoodlums.
5. Six grassroots female footballers have been reported kidnapped by gunmen in Uronigbe, a border community between Edo and Delta States in Orhionmwon local government area of Edo state. They were kidnapped around 6pm on Friday while returning from a football match competition at Owa-Alero in Ika North-East Local Government Area of Delta state.
6. Nigerian music legend, Tuface Idibia has debunked reports that he impregnated a banker. Tuface had recently apologised to his wife, Annie and children, tagging himself as a ‘shitty’ husband and father, same time reports that he impregnated a banker went viral on social media.
7. Some kidnappers have reportedly abducted and killed a student of the Moshood Abiola Polytechnic (MAPOLY), Abeokuta, Ogun State, Happiness Odeh. The victim, an ND II student of Mass Communication, won the Miss MAPOLY beauty contest on August 3, 2022, DAILY POST learned.
8. The federal government has threatened to mete out stiff sanctions against the China Civil Engineering and Construction Company (CCECC) over the firm’s alleged failure to provide 85 per cent counterpart funds for the rail project in some parts of the country. The Minister of Transportation, Muazu Sambo, decried the slow pace of work in the Kanu-Kaduna and Port Harcourt-Maiduguri rail lines.
9. Thirty-five persons kidnapped three weeks ago at Keke B Millennium City, Kaduna State have regained their freedom.
A resident in the community, Mr. Jonathan Yusuf, however, said one person is still in captivity because the bandits insisted that his family must produce two motorcycles before he regained freedom.
10. Bandits have again killed no fewer than sixteen persons in different communities of Taraba State. It was learnt that the bandits stormed the communities in their numbers at the weekend and whisked away several persons.